Friday, November 17, 2017

Garden Friday




 As there isn't much to report with our veggie garden,
I thought I'd show off some of Mother Nature's handiwork in the neighborhood.


 We have this wooded area right behind our house
and it is filled with changing leaves and bare branches.
(This is the view from our neighbor's driveway,
the back of our house is just beyond the trees.)


 One of our closest neighbors has this spectacular Pampas grass
bordering his driveway.
It is such a dramatic plant, 
I'd love to find space for a few of these on our property.


A few folks have single trees in their front yards
that are screaming autumn!


The community is bespeckled with lovely shades
of amber and copper.


 Every day on my walk I get to witness the changes all around.


 Seeing nature making the transition from fall to winter
is a wonderous thing to behold.
I find that it keeps me centered and living in the moment.


 With an array of hues too numerous to list,
Mother Nature keeps me enchanted.


These stalwart trees are among my favorites.
Although they won't lose their leaves or change color,
they remind me that no matter what harshness may appear in the coming months,
we will stand tall and make it through.


Each day as the colors change and the leaves drop,
we get closer to another year's end.
Autumn is a time for slowing down before the mad rush of the holidays.


 "How beautifully leaves grow old.
How full of light and color are their last days."
~John Burroughs


 I hope you enjoyed the little tour of the neighborhood.
Every day, I feel so blessed to have eyes with which to see
the magic that surrounds us.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!