Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Something for Everyone




Saturday was a beautiful day to be outdoors.
With temps in the 70's and sunny skies looming,
Sister and I headed out to a community-wide yard sale.
How thrilled am I that I get to spend time with my favorite gal pal?



There were probably over a hundred vendors 
selling everything from funky furniture,


to hand-made crafts.


We really liked these upcycled creations 
made out of painted mason jars and pallet wood .
What a lovely addition to any home.


There were toys and clothes galore,
especially kids' clothing, as is usually found at this type of event.
We spotted these curtains with a vintage pattern.
They reminded me of some curtains that my momma had made me once.
I could see these upcycled into chair covers, a table runner or valances.
Since we're trying not to acquire too much before we move into our new house,
I passed them up.


This treasure was priced so reasonably, that it was tempting to pick it up.
The little village with the figures were so sweet.
I could picture this surrounding a Christmas tree
or showcased in a foyer or family room.


This seller also had a Lionel train set in great condition.
I can imagine many hours of wonderful memories this toy gave its owner.


I picked up just a few of these jars.
(The price says $9, but we got them for just a dollar apiece.)
These are the Atlas jars with the wire fasteners.
I really think I might need a 12-step program regarding jars.
Any jar collectors out there?

I also found a mini-Madeleine pan 
for my signature holiday cookie.
At one of our last stops,
we found hand weights, 
something that was actually on my list of things to look for. 
I am ramping up my weight-bearing workouts
to save my bones.
(That's a post for another time.)

Have you found any fabulous deals lately?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!