Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Maple Hill Hop 107



Maple Hill Hop


Welcome to 
The Maple Hill Hop.
This is a hop for folks who love the outdoors.
Feel free to post about anything that's going on
OUTSIDE
in your neck of the woods,
no matter the season.
(Please share only outdoor posts.)
*Grab the button above to link back to Maple Hill 101.*

Seems like field trips are a weekly event 
now that fall has ushered itself in.
We again took part in the
39-mile yard sale that spanned from
Haines City to Frostproof here in Central Florida.
Last year was the first time we participated
and we were ready to see what bargains were to be had.


All along both sides of Scenic Highway 17,
folks were lined up selling and buying.
It was hotter than expected,
so we had to cut our browsing to a minimum.
C and I just can't take the heat anymore,
so we quickly scanned tables for treasures.

   
When's the last time you saw one of these beauties?
Everything from appliances to zebra slippers could be found.
With 39 miles to explore, 
there was sure to be something we couldn't live without.

Here are a few things I picked up.  


At the first stop, I spied this unusual glass colander.
It doesn't have any markings on it,
so I'm not sure who made it.
I just thought it was so different, I had to get it.
In fact, I could almost hear it calling to me,
"Take me home.  You need me."
For one dollar, it will get plenty of use.


I love the graduated bottom,
because it means it will fit a variety of pots.


We can use it for steaming just about anything
and the beauty of it is 
that it works with what we already own.
  



I'd been looking for a melon baller for a while.
Who knew it would be so hard to find?
At our last stop, I found the perfect one.
There was also someone selling 
all different kinds of tweezers.
These will come in handy when planting lettuce,
as they are just the right size to grasp those tiny seeds.
If it hadn't been so hot, I would've been 
dancing in the street! 

It was a fun, if not tiring day.
Glad we came home with a few treasures
that cost under a five-spot!

What have you been up to lately?
Let's HOP!  

   


   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!