Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Maple Hill Hop 96



Maple Hill Hop


Welcome to 
The Maple Hill Hop.
This is a hop for folks who love the outdoors.
Feel free to post about anything that's going on
OUTSIDE
in your neck of the woods,
no matter the season.
(Please share only outdoor posts.)
*Grab the button above to link back to Maple Hill 101.*




With the threat of Erika just a faint memory,
we are refocused on starting our fall plants.
I am woefully behind in my weeding and bed prep
due to health issues I'm trying to figure out.
That, paired with air thick enough to slice through,
has kept me inside more than I'd like.
This week I will work on planning the layout for fall crops.
September 1st is a great time for us to begin sowing in earnest,
as there won't be too much more heat in the near future
and the abundant rains aid in germination.



On a recent field trip to our Habitat for Humanity ReStore,
there was a wonderful surprise awaiting me,
just in time for planting season.




While Lil' Guy was checking out with his treasure,
I spied a large basket of seeds for sale.
Knowing I had only a few dollars in my pocket,
I chose carefully what I could grow right now.
At 50 cents a pack, it was a great deal.
I picked out a few items.



Then the cashier pointed out to me that the price per pack
wasn't 50 cents, but 5 cents apiece.
That's what I get for not wearing my reading glasses.
I scooped up a few more packets
and left feeling rich.
Whenever I do get around to starting these seeds,
I'll more than recoup my investment.
Such a deal!




Yesterday I felt a bit stronger, 
so I hope I'm on my way to feeling more myself.
Maybe finding these bargain seeds is a sign 
of good things on their way.
That's my take on it, 
and I'm 
stickin' 
to 
it.

What's happening outside where you are?
HOP to it!
   

   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!