Thursday, July 18, 2013

One Simple Thing-Ripe Bananas


Big K is eats bananas every day.
The only thing is,
he doesn't like them when they get too ripe.
Once they start to show a lot of brown spots, 
he leaves them for me to make banana bread out of 'em.



These are just about the way he likes them.
We found out about this lil' trick.
If you separate the bananas, they ripen slower.
We tried it for the past couple of weeks and it works.


I've gotten into the habit of buying a few almost or "just ripe" bananas
and a few green ones.
That way, they will last him the entire week.
Between these two practices,
Big K has his favorite fruit the whole week through.

One Simple Thing










SchneiderPeeps - Simple Lives Thursdays Link Up

6 comments:

  1. Wow-does this sound familiar-LOL! I'm like that-I prefer them on the greenish side of ripe. Once a spot shows-hubby gets stuck with them. The texture gets so "grainy".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you are eating them. They're so healthy!

      So sorry to read about your garden troubles, Sue. I'll miss seeing your lovely garden.

      Delete
  2. I actually like bananas when they are overripe and I eat them each morning with my granola, toast, or oatmeal. The ones in your photo would be underripe to me! I like mine with lots of brown spots. I think I'm in the minority on that, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tip. I am like Big K, I won't eat them once they are too ripe either. I don't want them to go to waste so my dog gets them for treats at that point. Not to take away her treat but this will help me enjoy my bananas longer. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you can buy just a few extra for her!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!