Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thrifty Thursday-Jean Conversion


This was one of my favorite pairs of jeans.
So comfy, perfectly broken-in,
and lots of mileage on them.




They'd been well worn out, especially in the knees.
Somewhere along the way,
they stopped fitting.
I held onto them for a while, 
hoping that maybe someday I could wear them again,
even if just for around the garden on cooler days.
Then I gave it up.


They were too tight in the hip area, 
so cutting them into shorts wouldn't work.
I decided to repurpose them.
I cut off the legs and hand-sewed the legs closed.
 It's not professional, but I think it'll hold okay.

Know what it's for?
I'll give you a hint.
It's one of my favorite domestic duties.








It's a clothespin bag. 
I just need to add some sort of hanger,
so that I can suspend it right from the line.
I've got time to figure that out.
We can't use the clothesline during the summer.
It's just too humid to dry most things.
We use an indoor system during these hot summer days.
So glad I'll have a new solution come fall.









1601043_10202838377671073_2132213934_n


Our Simple Homestead Blog Hop




10 comments:

  1. What a great way to repurpose those jeans! It looks really cute and seems very functional as well. Best of both worlds :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah-very clever. Such a bummer about the jeans, though. I love them all worn out --so comfy like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, well, I guess I got my money's worth out of them...;0)

      Delete
  3. now that is clever! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love denim and we go through lots of it here. I've been looking for denim repurposing ideas and I love your clothespin bag - thanks for sharing! (Visiting from Homestead Barn Hop)

    ~Taylor-Made Ranch~
    Wolfe City, Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you were inspired to use your worn-out denim!

      Delete
  5. to hang up your pin bag just take an old wire hanger twist the wire undone where the hanging hook is. thread the hanger onto the side and back loops of the jean bag and twist the hanger back together. you can then twist the hanger hook a bit so it hangs on the clothes line the direction you want so the opening is easy to reach into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually what I ended up doing! Great minds...;0)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!