Friday, February 22, 2013

Dairy-Free (and gf) Ranch Dressing

                   
 I've been wanting to find a dairy-free ranch dressing  
for a while now.
It helps that it's also gluten-free.
It can be made with rice, soy or cow's milk. 
This dressing works great on fish, salads, baked potatoes, 
steamed veggies or even oven-baked steak fries.
  You can find the original recipe here.


      



Recipes with fewer ingredients are always welcome here.
Why complicate things?




A homemade spice mix makes this 
just the way you like it!



The dressing can be as thick or thin as you want it to be,
just adjust the amount of milk you use.
It does firm up a bit after refrigeration.

Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing

1 C mayo
1 1/2 t lemon juice
7 1/2 T plain rice milk
1 t spice mix (recipe follows)

Mix lemon juice and milk
(Pour 1 1/2 t lemon juice into measuring cup,
then fill with milk to 1/2 C.)
Let sit 10 minutes.
Whisk mayo, milk mixture and spice mix.
Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.
Enjoy!




Spice Mix
6 t chili powder
5 t paprika
4 1/2 t cumin
2 1/2 t garlic powder
3 t onion powder
1/4 t cayenne powder (optional)
Place all ingredients right into 
a recycled glass spice jar and shake.
Enjoy!


realfoodallergyfree


Gluten Free Fridays @vegetarianmamma.com Sharing glutenfree recipes for all


 

6 comments:

  1. Yumm, ranch is my favorite! I'm going to give this a try, I can't wait!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so good! I always make my own salad dressing. It is so easy and tastes so much better than bottled dressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. Everything homemade tastes better, eh?

      Delete
  3. Hi Daisy, thanks for following my blog! I'm following you too now. I've really enjoyed browsing around since you're writing about all my favorite topics. . . . And this dressing looks delicious, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Leslie. I noticed we post about a lot of the same things. Welcome to Maple Hill. We're glad you're here. I hope you enjoy your visit (and the dressing)!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!