Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tuesday Tidings-Crafty & Thankful



I signed up to participate in Kim's
Dare to DIY challenge over at Newly Woodwards.
Having just gotten back from vacation,
it seemed unlikely I'd have time to put something together.

While hanging clothes out yesterday,
I was inspired to create a Thanksgiving banner of sorts.
My love for clothespins was all I needed.
Here's an easy way to create a banner for any occasion.
(I apologize for the poor picture quality,
my almost-new camera died during our recent vacation.)



I used clothespins, scrapbook paper, glue stick,
glue gun, scissors and a ribbon
I took from my gift wrapping station.






First I printed out letters to spell out my message
and then used the glue stick to adhere them
to the circle cut-outs.
The hot glue gun worked to keep them on the clothespins.




The ribbon was attached to the chosen surface
and the clothespins simply clip right on it.



Dare to DIYn


Thankful to be one crafty chick!
Kudos to Kim for hosting
such an inspirational link-up!

Also shared here and here.



Homestead Barn Hop








16 comments:

  1. How cute! Looks like such a fun and easy craft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to show your thankfulness! Thanks for stopping by earlier. Thanksgiving blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great simple & easy craft for thanksgiving :) I hope you get your camera fixed!
    katy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katy! I think it's beyond repair, unfortunately.

      Delete
  4. So cute! I love that you still were able to join in this week. I totally would have understood if you had to sit this one out after your trip.

    I just love using clothespins for crafts. Such a great idea you had!

    Thanks for linking up to Dare to DIY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kim! Thanks for hosting a great link-up. Your readers always have such creative ideas!

      Delete
  5. That looks so cute, and I love the variation on the 'typical' bunting/banner by using the clothespins. What a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS fun and it took less than 30 minutes to pull it together. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. Such a sweet craft! I love the clothespins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a thing for clothespins! Glad you could stop by!

      Delete
  7. Clothespin make any craft awesome. Your banner looks great. Thanks for joining in on the DIY fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure. Thanks for popping in to say hi.

      Delete
  8. What a great craft, something fun I could do with my granddaughter! Thanks for sharing on the Thankful HomeAcre Hop! Hope to see you again on Thursday! - Nancy The Thankful Home Acre Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy and has many variations. Just use what you have around the house or garage!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!