Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Bloomin' Tuesday

We had a quiet Labor Day weekend.
Changing the calendar over to September means
there is cooler weather and more gardening time
on the horizon.
There is a change in the air already, however subtle.
Being able to open up the house sounds mighty good.
It makes a noticeable difference in my demeanor
when it feels like the outdoors is more part of our home.
Here's what's bloomin' at Maple Hill this week.



Eggplant and tomato starts




A friend shared some of her lovelies with me.




The impatiens will go here.




It was a nice surprise to see this native salvia pop up
here by the back door.




jasmine before it is fully opened




These pumpkins got a late start, but we hope they will climb the tepee.



This hibiscus had its first bloom last week.




I'll try to catch the next one!




The morning glory always brings a smile to my face.




Zinnia budding...




and in bloom.




native butterfly vine




morning glory vines




blue daze




Uh-oh, looks like we've got some fairies hangin' around!




black-eyed susan vine




Morning lady bug!  Hope you're enjoying your time in the sun!

Have a fabulous day, y'all!




18 comments:

  1. Your garden is so full of promise..... sure I could smell the jasmine here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy,
    Imagine my surprise when I saw your seedlings for tomatoes and eggpant, just when mine are starting to wane. I love the promise of new things in the garden. I love your Butterfly Vine. I just dumped some compost onto a new bed, and have all kinds of tomatoes, pumpkins and sunflowers sprouting. To bad we don't have much time left for warm weather. Hope that you have a great week.

    Yael from Home Garden Diggers

    ReplyDelete
  3. My garden is through, and yours gets its second wind. I get to still enjoy a garden---without the work-LOL!
    Your flowers are so pretty--I'm not familiar with the Blue Haze. Any ideas on the "official" (Latin) name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your garden is stunning! I get to enjoy it too! ;0)

      This is what I found for the blue daze:
      Evolvulus glomeratus 1.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Daisy--I appreciate the info--looks like a great plant!

      Delete
    3. I could try to find the seed pod and send you some. Lemme know...

      Delete
  4. Mental Note for Next Year....I want some black eyed susan vine for hanging baskets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have an awesome eye and can make things others pass by look beautiful! I tell my kids that about the mushrooms too except we say little people LOL! And I feel the same way about swinging the doors open and letting in some of that air!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. Yup, can't wait for the cooler air!

      Delete
  6. Amazing how for fall your garden is just full of new life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we're blessed to have lots of growing time.

      Delete
  7. I love your flower pics every week :) I can't get over the types of veggies you are starting! It's crazy to me to think about such a mild fall/winter :) Enjoy it!
    katy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, katy. Yeah, we're in a different world down here!

      Delete
  8. Daisy, You have a great eye for taking awesome pictures. Nice to see new bloomers at this time of year. Love it! Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How kind, thank you. Thanks for hosting another great garden party!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!