Friday, July 27, 2012

Supper in a Hurry



Some days are busier than others.
Although I have my menu-by-the-month plan,
there are days when I want something made lickity-split.
This is one of my go-to dishes
when I'm almost due at work and
Big K is just walking in the door.
It can be very versatile, depending on your likes.
We serve it over rice or pasta,
or even over homemade rolls.


Stew-on-the-Go
2 C frozen veggies (we used peas & carrots)
1/2 yellow onion, minced
1 t salt
1 t poultry seasoning
1 1/2 T flour
1/2 C veggie broth (or chicken broth)
2 cans albacore tuna (or chicken)

Sautee onion in a skillet 5 minutes with olive oil. 
Add veggies and seasonings, cook until tender.
Add flour and stir 1 minute.
Add veggie broth and stir until gravy
is the desired thickness.
Mix in tuna.
Enjoy!

*For a gluten-free version,
just add gf flour mix instead of all-purpose flour.




Love those one-pot wonders!


Brown gravy is made using homemade chicken
(or veggie) stock
and a bit of flour (or gf flour mix) cooked with the veggies.

Next time you're in a hurry to put supper on,
use this delicious and easy go-to stew.



realfoodallergyfree




4 comments:

  1. Yum, I bet it would be great with tuna. A very good go to meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homesteading Quest-Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Wow! That's what I call an easy meal! Definitely bookmarking this recipe for future use. I could have used it last week LOL. I was 2 steps behind the whole week and was just wishing for my brain to come up with something I could whip up fast for dinner. I'll have the perfect recipe for the next time that happens. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it appeals to you Mary. It's pretty versatile. And we only do easy around here. Enjoy!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!