Monday, July 9, 2012

One Good Turn

Friends of ours brought over some yummy tater salad
for the 4th of July in this festive container.
One less thing for me to do in the kitchen,
so I was very appreciative.



Someone a bit older and much wiser than me
told me that you should never return an empty container.
That hadn't occur to me before I heard that,
but it does go along with my belief in
keeping the good stuff moving.

This family likes chocolate,
so I thought I'd whip them up a batch
of chocolate mini muffins from one I adapted
from a favorite website.
Chocolate, sweet stuff, and vegan too?
What's not to like?


Vegan Chocolate Mini Muffins


1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sucanat (or white sugar)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup light olive oil (or vegetable oil)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
1 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly oil muffin tins.
Mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
Add the oil, vanilla and water.
Add vinegar last.
Mix together until smooth.
Pour into prepared pans and bake at 350 degrees F
for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool on wire racks.
Enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. So, now I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee, and your FRIENDS have the muffins??????
    Something wrong with this picture. Have a great day, Daisy!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The muffins look great and I love that, never return a dish empty. I am going to have to do that from now on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of returning an empty container with something in it. How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue-I'd send you some if I could! Enjoy your week!

    Kelly-It was a great lesson for me.

    Kim-The old-fashioned ways are usually best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!