Friday, March 16, 2012

Healing Aloe Vera



Here's a plant no household should be without.
I don't care where you live,
what type of climate you have,
or what planting zone you're in.


 

Aloe Vera is not just an interesting specimen to look at.





With those sharp spikes it looks menacing.




But inside is the most magical of salves.
Many years ago, when I was pulling something
out of the toaster oven,
the lid from the casserole started sliding off of the pot.
Caught me on the forearm,
took the skin right off.
UGH!
I still have the nasty scar because I wasn't prepared
to deal with something like that.



After that incident, I've never  been without
this healing plant.



Any time I get a burn now, I merely cut one of the arms
and schmear the oozing liquid onto the affected area.
It can work on sunburns just as well.
Not only does it work wonders on burns and skin irritations,
it has been suggested as an aid in digestion.
Aloe vera juice can be found in most health food stores.





Nature holds so many secrets that we've yet to discover.






Here's one of Mother Nature's gifts at the ready
to help us in our time of need.
If your climate gets too cold to accomodate this heat lover,
keep it inside near the kitchen or fireplace.
You never know when you may need it.





Have a superb (almost) spring weekend, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!