Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dress It Up!


A few weeks ago while grocery shopping,
and noticing how the prices continue to increase,
the decision was made to ramp up
the effort to create homemade staples.

Sometime last year I realized,
I'm turning into my mother.
Every day I eat a salad with lunch,
just as she has done for decades.
Now that my mom is here,
we go through a lot of salad fixins.
Since salad dressing is something we use everyday,
I've been trying to create one that is simple, yet tasty.
I think I've got it.


photo credit


Italian Dressing
1/2 C olive oil
1/2 C apple cider vinegar
1/4 C water
2-4 T honey
1 t Italian seasonings
1 t salt
1 clove crushed garlic

Add all ingredients except the oil to a measuring cup.
Whisk oil into mixture.  You'll see it thicken before your eyes.
This dressing can be used for marinating chicken, fish or veggies
as well as using on your favorite greens.
I keep it at room temperature,
as it is used up pretty darn quick.
I may even make some to give away as gifts!
Enjoy!


 

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh, a good salad dressing. Everyone needs a good one like this in their recipe book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be trying this! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane-Thanks. Hope you get to enjoy it.

    Staci-Great! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, I find myself doing things more and more like my mother every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zev-Isn't that something? Thanks for stopping by! ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!