Monday, August 15, 2011

Homestead Blessings:  The Art of Soap Making
*****


"Bring creative flair to your home with "The Art of Sap Making", the new DVD from the West ladies.  This inspiring DVD is full of instructive step-by-steps, artful how-tos, and entertaining advice in the pleasurable and highly useful activity of making soap.  Includes instructions in basic soap, decorative soaps, soap alls, hand-milled soaps and much more!"

This instructional DVD was charming and easy to follow.  The West women teach soapmaking step-by-step for the novice.  I have to admit, that although I do intend to start making my own soaps in the near future, the process is a bit daunting.  Using lye can be a scary thing.  Being able to see the process visually helped me see how it could work without having to be intimidated by it.  This is one in a series of videos these ladies have produced.  I plan to investigate the others!


3 comments:

  1. Although I'm an avid reader, I MUCH prefer video for learning new skills. There's something about SEEING it--it makes it much clearer. Soapmaking is a craft I'd like to try during the winter months. ANd yea, lye DOES sound scary!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to see their sewing video. Dont let the lye scare you. I was nervous at first, but a good pair of gloves and goggles and your fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue-I agree, having a visual makes it so much more clearer.

    Jane-I will be referencing your blog when I'm ready to take the plunge! Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!