Tuesday, December 14, 2010

No Kiddin'?

I have always been amazed at how folks 
who live up north do it. 
The cold, the snow, the frostbitten fingers, 
the cold, the howling winds, the cold. 
 I'm a transplant from Chicago, 
but I've been in Florida over 40 years now. 
That takes its toll on tolerance 
of these sorts of strange occurrences. 

For the second night in a row, we are projected to get below freezing, as in below 32 degrees.  
I guess this is good practice 
for when the big move happens. 
Hats (and skirts) off to those of you 
who handle it on a regular basis 
and wouldn't have it any other way. 





The temperature this morning...I thought this was Florida?


I wonder if birds ice skate?


Thar she blows!


4 comments:

  1. I've been thinkin' the same thing, Daisy! How do people cope up north? It is so stinkin' cold! We're just biding our time, staying indoors as much as possible, until Thursday finally comes. Please let this be the last cold front!

    I feel for you moving up there where the cold lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I still have family up north and I don't know how they do it. We're planning on heading to a mild climate, so we'll be okay.

    Enjoy your indoor time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am one of those polar bears! LOL! I was feeling for you guys down South this morning after hearing the weather report! My Daughter lives in Southern Georgia, she of course was raised in Montana, and she thinks its so cute that the Georgians are running their sprinklers on the fences to make icicles! I can't tolerate the heat...it makes me, literally, sick to my stomach...with full blown headaches and all! But anyways...I walked outside yesterday and it had snowed 16 inches the night before...it was -17 degrees and calm...the air looked like diamonds in the sunshine and I was awe struck...Daisy? I am praying for you...not only with blessings for your move? but that you achieve all your dreams! I watched To Kill a Mockingbird again because of you...just as the first time, I was enthralled, thank you for reminding me it was there! Stay warm all you sun bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words Lisa. Blessings are always welcome here! It's good to know some of you folks up north are really where you feel your best! I imagine it would feel like a spirutual awakening to be surrounded by the snow.
    Isn't "To Kill a Mockingbird" such a great movie? Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!